Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yaldâ

Shab-e Yaldâ or Shab-e Chelleh is an ancient Iranian Festival originally celebrated on the Nothern Hemisphere's longest night of the year, that is, on the eve of the Winter Solstice.
Today I have an honored to celebrate it with my Iranian room mate. We went to the market to buy some food, fruits, a cake. I just followed as I felt really lazy to go out to 50m away supermarket because of snow is everywhere. Wet and slippery.
After working for almost 10 hours for university stuff that I need to catch up before having long holiday in Spain, finally I decided to stop and start the celebration. We "cooked" our dinner, as in fact my friend just heated up the pile of rice and mince meat that he cooked for couple meals and I boiled spruitjes (sprouts), typical of a Dutch vegetable, and waved bapao (chinese steam bread) for my dinner.

Spruitjes (Sprouts), as small as meat balls.

It was nothing specially except the meaning of the celebration and some good musics. After eating out "fast food" and fruit. My friend, Farzad suggested to have a cup of tea for accompanying the cake. I was amazing after almost forgetting how good is the taste of the cake. Honestly, the food was too much for me today since I have not eaten that much these days. But I felt enjoying it so much.

After we finished the cake, all of sudden, the food topic was served on the table and Farzad referred me to the video about Persian food. Waooo... amazing to know how they made the food. I just remember how enjoyable to work with the slow food and how exotic the different kind of food in different part of the world. I wish I could make it part of my work. I really wish someday this will come true. But for today, this is enough.



In the end, I show also how does the Indonesian cuisine looks like. My friend said, it was a pity that the people in Holland do not know how to appreciate the food because they have breakfast food for three times a day. Haha... sometimes this might be true. People have less and less time to eat, to spend the most important time for chew and swallow substance that make they still alive.



It was funny and I really appreciate it as my treasure of the day.

2 comments:

farzad said...

It was a good memory with your company. :)

Unknown said...

your welcome. Good time.