Pages

Thursday, December 03, 2009

play hard to get

If I can only mock one thing about Holland, I will be strait to the point. It is about the men. Forget about the fuckin' windy cold rainy weather or about the "Hi", "How are you", and "good bye" or "see you later" kindda people. So far, I have managed those things. No Problem.
But this one, the men, in majority, puffff... occhh.. so tired of 'em. I have experienced nasty play hard to get considerably. How could I possibly survive and stay here for another 8 1/2 months in this kind of love and attraction bargaining.
In the beginning, I admit that I closed myself for a short term relationship because I was just stupid to follow my brain all the time, while women suppose to follow their heart (This is still sounds better than men's stories that they somehow follow their dicks all the time).
Last two months, I like a guy from far Brazil who stays in Paris, he had came and he went back to Paris. Ok. I accept it. It is understandable. Then I start to open myself to mingle and enjoy the rhythm. I surprise. Some guys are getting closer with me and when I give a sign that I like them, they are seemed to keep the distance and get even farther. Is this the test or rules of the game they are playing here in Holland. Or is it just not my luck to see many ass holes and not see love holes opening for me.
Not in the bars, in the dance floors, even in the classes and in the university, this social convention sort of applies everywhere in Holland. Hmmm... I am thinking. Do I against this social convention or I am turned to become part of it? Or this is what things that come back to me because I did this all the time without realizing how much pain one should endure to deal with these kindda social rules and treatments.
Oouch..

2 comments:

Emile Dingemans said...

Why they play hard to get, so hardly? My take:

Dutch youth is far more narcissistic than any generation before. So life evolves around them, and you aught to do what they desire to become part of their lives. Playing hard to get makes them feel special and exclusive elevating their ego.

Besides, there is this play. Lot of girls play the game for free drinks (why wouldn't they?). And guys nowadays adapt to that by not giving in so easily. Actually, guys are not so much patient, as it can turn out that the patient guy could be more like a serving dog to the girl. Yes, some girls spoil it for you ;)

Unknown said...

the arena is there. The rule is clear. Let's play the game!

:P