Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

the flavor of homeland food

Today I felt like want to cook something homie and I decided to cook soto (spices curry soup) and opor ayam (chicken curry). All curries and chicken stuff because these were all I have on the freezer almost a month and today is the time to get it over. Unfortunately there are still 1/2 kilo left. fufufuf...

I invited my room mate to eat the stuff because I could not handle this, too much. I felt like happy to cook these but eat em all is not a very good idea for sure, it is so greasy! It was proven that my stomach is accustomized with Dutch simple food and I just felt my stomach went wrong after I had lunch. oouch.

Apart from getting sick a little, I recalled again my real culture and the flavor of my homeland by making and eating this food on the table. It was nice and in the same time wierd because usually I ate this soto under the tent on the street somewhere in Jakarta or Bandung with humid whether and of course the temperature of the whether is more than 30 degree celcius. But today, I ate this with the snow rain outside and I suddenly missed my homeland for a while.

With simple stuff, I reconnected again to the place where I belong, the place where some people were expecting my presence today. I feel grateful.

3 comments:

jojo tj said...

dy, its been a long time since i visited ur blog.
its always interesting reading ur posts. haha..
i didnt know u can cook a REAL meal. haha.. looks delicious though

Unknown said...

Hhahahahhaah... it is the effect of leaving far from homeland... just dream the food or make it happen.

Anonymous said...

looks delish!