Pages

Saturday, December 05, 2009

see laughs and smiles around

Wao! Today my team in PPI (Persatuan Pelajar Indonesia) has just finished and closed the big event. We finally did it. Inviting the representation from embassy of Indonesia in The Hague to come to Rotterdam and helping the Indonesian students registered in Embassy.

Only one thing that I did not expect. I saw laughs and smiles around me, they were everywhere before, during, and after the event. I, as the chairman, did not do much actually. I just prepared the food and helped to direct and give some suggestions for action steps. My beloved team mate, Floren, did many things, from wrote the invitation letter to called for a coordination. She did a really good job and I am so happy for her because she realizes that she learned a lot from the process.

It was a super late event. 1 hour late. it supposes to start at 6pm but then the representation from the embassy were late and all people who want to register need to wait for a little bit longer. Then finally it started. We filled in the form and I slipped my time to talk and chat with the representatives from the Embassy. They are really fun and appreciative. Important people came and go, left good mark for me they said, "I see you get the talent. Long time ago, It happened and I felt so far from it but now I feel the nerves are on me. It is coming and getting clearer. It is seemed like I was born to do this kindda job. To lead, to facilitate people.

There were some important people talked and we just did not really prepare for the formal run-down and everything just came up in the last minute. But it was just smooth and fine. There are no payback that are bigger for me to do this event than big laughs, meet new people, and smiles of waiting to see each other again.

No comments: